Okay, to get this working with the Shows calendar we're going to need to make some big changes here. First of all, the pages may have to be renamed in the format "Shows calendar/Calendar "Shows calendar" (M-D-YYYY) - Event 1" with the first line being the location of the show. To keep the category in alphabetical order, we could make a second category named "shows by location" or somesuch, and use the sort order key thing, including say [[Category:Shows by location|Austin]] in the article.
I like it, Lex -- I say we make the changes before too many more shows get added.(I mean, I'm sure it's automatable, but I don't have an automato [sic].) Although I do regret having to go to month-day-year... What about making the "Shows calendar/Calendar "Shows calendar" (MM-DD-YYYY) - Event 1" pages redirects? --Bry 23:21, 4 April 2008 (EDT)
- Ten minutes later, I've waffled -- I like the calendar a lot in appearance, but I'm not so certain that mass changes of this nature are warranted. I'm a little concerned at how inflexible this calendar would be, is mostly the problem. Still, I'm not opposed to making the changes now anyway, since presumably it wouldn't be drastically difficult to change back -- with a wiki, we're not locked in to anything, I think. --Bry 23:34, 4 April 2008 (EDT)
Okay, the calendar works the way we want, meaning we need to do the following for each show:
- No need to move the articles!
- Add a section heading at the top with the City/State (this will be shown in the calendar)
- Make a calendar event page by clicking "add event" on each date there's a show
- IMPORTANT: The event page must be a redirect to the show page, using the syntax #REDIRECT [[show page]]