JoCo Cruise Crazy/JoCo Cruise Crazy 4
JoCo Cruise Crazy 4 is a 6-night Western Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas; sailing Sunday, February 23 to Saturday, March 1, 2014. It departs from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale and ports include Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Falmouth, Jamaica; and Labadee, Haiti.
Pre-registered booking began during JoCo Cruise Crazy 3. General public booking began TBD.
Milestones: On February 25, 2013, The Home Office posted: We already have more people booked for JCCC4 than the total of people booked on JCCC1. The number of people booked on JCCC4 since booking opened--currently only for JCCC3 passengers--exceeds the number booked for JCCC3 in the same time period after booking had opened for everyone. On April 29, 2013, it was said that "10 months before it sails, #JCCC4 is rapidly closing in on #JCCC3's total number of Sea Monkey cabins. #yikes" On June 7, 2013 this was posted: Now bigger than ever! As of yesterday, JCCC4 bookings surpassed JCCC3 bookings!
Bookings closed on Thursday, January 2, 2014.
Regarding attendance: "Storm A Paul (Storm) It's between 800 and 900. Perhaps almost exactly between them." -January 23, 2014.
Unofficial Events: Google Calendar, released February 17, 2014.
|Sunday 23 Feb 2014||Sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US||5:30pm|
|Monday 24 Feb 2014||At Sea|
|Tuesday 25 Feb 2014||Georgetown, Grand Cayman (tendered)||8:00am||5:00pm|
|Wednesday 26 Feb 2014||Falmouth, Jamaica (docked)||7:00am||4:00pm|
|Thursday 27 Feb 2014||Labadee, Haiti (docked)||10:00am||6:00pm|
|Friday 28 Feb 2014||Sea Day|
|Saturday 1 Mar 2014||Debark ship Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US||5:30am|
- Jonathan Coulton
- Paul and Storm
Announced October 3, 2013:
- Jim Boggia
- Hank Green
- Tig Notaro (canceled February 5, 2014)
- David Rees
- John Roderick
- Peter Sagal
- Nathan Sawaya
- Paul F. Tompkins
- Sara Watkins
- John Hodgman as Himself
Announced October 31, 2013:
Announced November 21, 2013:
Announced December 31, 2013:
Programming notes: "Wil, Hodgman and John Roderick have "evolved" this year, so to speak. Their presence is an important part of the JCCC experience at this point, but we didn't want to go too overboard with repeat acts. As such, none of them have their own main stage sets this year; but you can fully expect their presences will be made known in various events (*cough* Celebrity Artemis *cough*), sitting in on other people's sets, holding office hours, and generally being around on the ship.
For example: Wil's official title for JCCC4 is Emperor of the Game Room. Do with that information what you will."
Sea Monkey Shore Excursions
It's Official: for JCCC4, we’ve arranged through Royal Caribbean to have Sea Monkey-only shore excursions! Hit the beach, do some snorkeling and/or scuba diving, ride a zip line 500+ feet over a beautiful beach, and/or encounter ocean wildlife, surrounded by your fellow Sea Monkeys to enjoy it with you! See here for a complete list of the Sea Monkey excursions you can purchase.
|Seven Mile Beach Break with Lunch||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||11:00 AM and 11:30 AM||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Dolphin Push, Pull & Swim and Turtle Farm||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||10:00 AM||3 hours 45 minutes|
|Turtle, Stingray Land & Sea Adventure||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||9:00 AM||4 hours|
|Discover Scuba Diving||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||10:30 AM||3 hours|
|Scuba Dive Two Tank Boat||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||11:30 AM||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Stingray City & Barrier Reef Snorkel||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||11:30 AM||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Shipwreck Snuba||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||11:30 AM||2 hours|
|Reef & Wreck Snorkel||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||12:00 PM||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Cayman Pirate Encounter||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||2:00 PM||2 hours|
|Amphibious Bus & Reef Snorkeling||Georgetown, Grand Cayman||2:15 PM||2 hours|
|Irie Mon Beach Break||Falmouth, Jamaica||9:00 AM||5 hours 30 minutes|
|Chukka Horseback Ride N Swim||Falmouth, Jamaica||9:30 AM||4 hours 45 minutes|
|Rio Bueno River Rafting Adventure||Falmouth, Jamaica||9:30 AM||4 hours|
|Dragon’s Breath Flight Line||Labadee, Haiti||11:30 AM||1 hour 15 minutes|
"- There are indeed 2 formal nights. (Monday and Thursday)
- On the site inspections and on JCCC3, they were generally reasonably flexible as to what constituted "formal." My personal suggestion would be "look like you're at least making an effort:" non-bluejeans pants, collared/button-up shirt and a jacket for men, if not jacket and tie; a "nice dress/outfit" for women (as opposed to, say, a bathing suit coverup); and shoes that are not sneakers or sandals/flip-flops. That sort of thing. I won't *guarantee* you'll be okay, but I bet you will.
- Didn't see much at all in the way of enforcement of the semi-formal nights; again, as a general rule, on the non-formal nights, don't wear shorts, flip-flops, t-shirts with art/ironic jokes on them, etc., and you should be safe.
- As with last year, there will be open seating with optional fixed seating—the form for that will be coming out soon. We know it's not a perfect setup, and can involve some junior high cafeteria "where the heck am I gonna sit?" stress for some; but we feel it's still preferable to permanent fixed seating, or some complicated algorithm for rotating seating.
Also, we've noticed a general, unspoken trend the past few years that dinner tends to get less and less populated as the week rolls on. Not by a *huge* percentage; but we see an increasing overall number of empty seats around the room; which theoretically should make it a little easier to "mingle around" a bit as the week rolls on. So much SOON happening!"
- Site Inspection Questions and Answers from The Home Office
- JCCC 2014 Facebook Group
- Unofficial JCCC4 Sea Monkey Migration Chart
- Excursion Attendance Sheet
- Science Fair Sign Ups
- Custom Fez Orders
- Hug Me Tag Orders
- Karaoke List
- Unofficial JCCC4 Sea Monkey Dining & Freestyle Passports (login)
- Shipboard Internet Pricing
- Additional Prepaid Gratuities clarification
- Twitter hashtags: #JoCoCruiseCrazy, #JCCC4
- Unofficial Media Listing
- Flickr Photo Group
- "The Sea Monkey" Newsletters (and Wilson) from the cruise.
- High resolution group photo
- Twit-arr! archive