The Future Soon/Videos
"The Future Soon" is a song that traces its origins to the Little Gray Books era, and it has been performed live for as long as Jonathan has been doing live shows. It's no wonder, then, that over the years there have been numerous live performances (including interviews), some fan videos, and even a few live cover performances.
- Paul Gleason Theater
- September 12, 2007. Hollywood, California.
- Temple Bar
- October 9, 2006. Santa Monica, California.
- Great American Music Hall
- San Francisco, California.
- JoCo Cruise Crazy
- January 4, 2011.
- Colston Hall
- June 9, 2011. Bristol, UK.
- Manchester Academy 2
- June 10, 2011. Manchester, UK.
- Union Chapel
- June 11, 2011. London, UK.
- Pop!Tech 2003
- October 17, 2003. Jonathan's first major solo performance and one of the oldest publicly-available videos of Jonathan performing. A new copy, with superior audio to the previously known mislabeled (as 2006) version. Enjoy!
- West Memphis Three World Awareness Day
- June 3, 2006
- Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) 2007
- August 25, 2007. Seattle, Washington.
- Bumbershoot 2007
- September 1, 2007. Seattle, Washington.
- The DL: Interview with a Code Monkey
- Published May 2, 2007. One of several studio performances. Also available on YouTube.
- Interview: Geek rocker Jonathan Coulton
- Broadcast live on Feb 21, 2008. Interview by Tom Merrit on CNET Live. The counter at the bottom of the video counts down the time remaining; a shortened version of "The Future Soon" occurs at 8:50.
- Emil Bleehall in the Hoopla Show
- October 26th 2007.
- All Five of Me
- With bonus Free Bird action at start
- Lesson a Week 2: Future Soon
- Published March 10, 2008. Created by suuuupaadave as part of his Lesson a Week series. For more details, see the Lessons on the Tabs page.
- Wild Adventure! - Tracking the Coulton
- Published May 7, 2008. Includes a unusual, inaccurate, and hilarious performance of the first 13 seconds of "The Future Soon" by Storm. Footage of Storm's performance begins at 4:34. Originally posted on the Paul and Storm blog.
- I Fight Dragons cover/Metropolis
- Fan video of the I Fight Dragons cover by Craig J. Clark. Footage from the 1927 German expressionist science-fiction film Metropolis.