Vancouver, B.C.: 2010-02-25
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Location: Vancouver, B.C.
- Date: February 25, 2010
- Venue: Rio Theatre
- Supporting act: Paul & Storm, Molly
- The Future Soon
- Shop Vac
- Code Monkey video
- Millionaire Girlfriend video
- Curl (with Paul and Storm) video
- Big Bad World One (with Paul and Storm)
- Tom Cruise Crazy (with Paul and Storm)
- My Monkey (with Paul and Storm and Molly) video
- Bills, Bills, Bills (with Paul and Storm and Molly)
- Always the Moon (with Paul and Storm and Molly)
- Our American Cousin (Molly solo)
- I Pity the Fool (Molly solo)
- Soft Rocked By Me (with Paul and Storm)
- Creepy Doll (with Paul and Storm)
- Mr. Fancy Pants
- I Crush Everything
- Skullcrusher Mountain video, video 2
- Still Alive
- You Ruined Everything
- Re: Your Brains
- Istanbul (TMBG cover with Paul and Storm and Molly) video
- First of May (with Paul and Storm and Molly)
- Encore 2
- I Feel Fantastic (with Paul and Storm)
- This is Jonathan's first show in Vancouver, as well as his first Canadian show outside of Toronto.
- As this was a Canadian show, Jonathan and Paul and Storm drank beer brewed by Sleeman Breweries, a Canadian brewery, on stage, much to the delight of one fan.
- As a preface to Curl, Jonathan admitted that he got the terminology wrong in the lyrics--the song's protagonist is a 'skip' not a 'skipper'. After apologising for that and the anti-Canadian sentiment in the lyrics, he proceeded to emphatically sing 'skip' throughout the song.
- During the lead-in to Still Alive, an audience member shouted "the cake is a lie," prompting another to retort "the cake is NOT a lie!" Jonathan, as a result, posed the question "Cake: lie, or not?" Since a fan had brought cupcakes for the entire audience, this derailed into audience banter for a short while. Jonathan was handed a cupcake decorated with a companion cube, which he ate on stage despite protesting that it would cause him to sing poorly.
- During the first chorus of Re: Your Brains the front row of the audience rushed the stage in zombie fashion. Jonathan managed to not crack up until they shrugged and returned to sitting on the floor as the chorus ended.
- After the first "encore", the crowd continued cheering until Jonathan came out to say that the venue had a curfew for live music and he was not allowed to keep playing. After a minute or so a venue staff member came up to the stage and said something to him, then he performed a final song.