Difference between revisions of "Christmas Is Interesting"
(Added OCAAT notes & nav.)
|Line 32:||Line 32:|
Latest revision as of 01:16, 12 November 2012
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Christmas Is Interesting|
"Christmas Is Interesting" is one of Jonathan Coulton's oldest songs and appears on his first album, Smoking Monkey. A new version was recorded with John Roderick for their 2012 Christmas album, One Christmas at a Time.
"Christmas Is Interesting" has been performed on occasion live at Jonathan Coulton concerts.
"Christmas Is Interesting" is a hodgepodge of references to Christmas stories and movies:
- The "long winter's nap" line alludes to the poem A Visit from St. Nicholas
- The watch/hairbrush and wig/chain lines are allusions to The Gift of the Magi.
- The elf, train, and squirt gun lines are allusions to the Rankin/Bass Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- The Jimmy Stewart, wonderful life, cracked-up car, and yelled-at wife lines are allusions to It's a Wonderful Life.
- The Jacob Marley and grave lines are references to A Christmas Carol.
- The Rosebud and cold mansion lines are allusions to Citizen Kane.
|One Christmas at a Time|