StatusNet for JoCo Cruise Crazy 2
StatusNet is an Open Source project to create a Twitter like service. There is a fan initiative to investigate it's suitability for onboard communication.
Proof of Concept
There is a proof of concept server located at https://grimstatusnet.dyndns.org/statusnet/. Access is by web, iPhone app, Android app, or desktop app. Mobile clients should use grimstatusnet.dyndns.org/statusnet as the server.
A list of known issues with the current proof of concept server.
- Error reported during account creation
- Likely due to incorrect configuration of sendmail
- Should just disable email validation
- As of July 2010, native Twitter app doesn't work with StatusNet. Authentication in the app is hardcoded to official Twitter site.
- Disable attachments
- Disable location services
- We're gonna be on a boat.
- Disable OpenID
- Install PHP bytecode accelerator
- APC appears to be the defacto standard
- Disable URL shorteners
- Look into disabling URLs
The current proof of concept server is running under a free Amazon EC2 micro instance. Available RAM is 79MB of 613MB. During the current light testing, CPU usage has not exceeded 15%. Likely need 1 GB and a low end processor for real hardware. A small, cheap netbook is almost certainly likely to handle the load.
OS: Ubuntu 11.04 Beta 1 64 bit StatusNet: 0.9.7 Apache: 2.2.17 PHP: 5.3.5-1ubuntu7.1 phpMyAdmin: 3.3.10deb1 ddclient PHP
This page is a stub. You can help by expanding it!