StatusNet for JoCo Cruise Crazy 2
StatusNet is an Open Source project to create a Twitter like service. There is a fan initiative to investigate it's suitability for onboard communication.
Proof of Concept
A list of known issues with the current proof of concept server.
- Error reported during account creation
- Likely due to incorrect configuration of sendmail
- Should just disable email validation
- As of July 2010, native Twitter app doesn't work with StatusNet. Authentication in the app is hardcoded to official Twitter site.
- Disable attachments
- Disable location services
- We're gonna be on a boat.
- Disable OpenID
- Install PHP bytecode accelerator
- APC appears to be the defacto standard
- Disable URL shorteners
- Look into disabling URLs
This page is a stub. You can help by expanding it!