JoCo Cruise Crazy/Cruise Ship Basics
Cruise Ship Basics
Being on a cruise ship is often a new experience for first time Sea Monkeys. This section will address questions like "will I get seasick", "how much will it *really* cost", and "what the heck is a towel monkey and should I be scared of them?"
What to expect before the cruise
- Get there the day before
- Embarkation procedure
- Call your credit card companies and inform them of your itinerary
What to expect on the ship
- Food - where to find it, what is free, what costs extra
- Dress Code for dining room
formal nights vs normal nights, formal is defined by cruise line, not JCCC staff.
- How to pay for stuff (drink cards vs room key)
- Will I get sea sick
- Lifeboat drill
do not skip this!
What to expect after the cruise
- putting out luggage night before
- give some wiggle room between cruise arrival and departing flight
- hanging out with other sea monkeys in airport
- land legs / dock rock / swaying is normal, do not be alarmed.