JoCo Cruise Crazy/JoCo Cruise Crazy 3
JoCo Cruise Crazy 3 was announced during Cruise Crazy 2, and pre registration made available. Watch the Official JoCo Cruise Crazy website for details!
JoCo Cruise Crazy 3 is a 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas; sailing Sunday, February 10 to Sunday, February 17, 2013. It departs from Port Canveral and ports include the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.
Pre-registered booking began May 25, 2012. General public booking began May 29, 2012.
Milestones: Once booking opened, 100 cabins were booked within 45 minutes. On May 30, the 200th cabin was booked. JCCC3 officially passed JCCC2's attendance as of the morning of June 14. Dated December 19, 2012, an e-mail from the Home Office stated "(we're already at almost 600 sea monkeys!)".
- Historically, there are no official events planned during the time the ship is in port.
Unofficial Events: Google Calendar, February 10-17, 2013. Released February 2, 2013.
- RCI does not officially publish its schedule, but many people save their Cruise Compass sheets to share with others. The following is for the same ship on the same route, which set sail in September 2012. There will be changes on our cruise most assuredly, but it gives a good idea of the sorts of activities you can expect that RCI has planned. Itinerary
|Sunday 10 Feb 2013||Sail from Port Canaveral, Florida, US||4:30pm|
|Monday 11 Feb 2013||CoCo Cay, Bahamas (tendered)||7:00am||4:00pm|
|Tuesday 12 Feb 2013||Sea Day|
|Wednesday 13 Feb 2013||Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas (docked)||11:00am||7:00pm|
|Thursday 14 Feb 2013||Philipsburg, St. Maarten (docked)||8:00am||5:00pm|
|Friday 15 Feb 2013||Sea Day|
|Saturday 16 Feb 2013||Sea Day|
|Sunday 17 Feb 2013||Debark Ship Port Canaveral, Florida, US||7:00am|
There and Back Again: Travel and Accommodations (included as it is not obviously linked on the website.)
It is not possible to fly directly to Port Canaveral. If you are flying, some people are choosing to fly in early, stay at a hotel and then take a shuttle to the port, while others are going to arrive day of cruise to get a shuttle to Port Canaveral.
It can be expensive to transfer. It could easily cost you over $100 round trip if you go alone.
With that in mind, several spreadsheets have started to try and organize into money-saving groups.
Direct MCO to Port Canaveral Spreadsheet This is the one if you are flying in/out on the same as the cruise sails/arrives (10th/17th)
- Jonathan Coulton
- The Doubleclicks
- John Hodgman
- Zoë Keating
- Randall Munroe
- Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett (from Rifftrax)
- Paul and Storm
- Mike Phirman
- David Rees
- John Roderick
- Joseph Scrimshaw
- Wil Wheaton
- Ukulele Melee 2: Acoustic Boogaloo
- JoCo Cruise Crazy 3:Nerd-music Bardic Circle (A structured jam session - all instruments and voices welcome)
- Glen Raphael and Nicole Dieker concert
- Star Quest Puzzle Hunt by Team Snout et al.
- Speed Meeting Friendly way to meet people (not dating related)
- First Annual Sea Monkey Science Fair For mini-Monkeys (including land-locked mini-monkeys).
- Murder and Monkeys The official RCI murder-mystery dinner is going to conflict with an Official Event. So, we are throwing our own. Indicate your interest to SapphireMind
- Quitting Panel Panel discussing quitting your job and pursuing your own work. Forum thread
These groups are not endorsed by the PTB or Famous People™, they are just ways for like-minded monkeys to try and get together and meet on the cruise
- UnderSeaMonkeys Scuba interest
- JoCo A Capella Multi-harmony a capella singing of JoCo Music Forum thread
- Pale Monkeys Monkeys with incredibly sun-sensitive skin who may like to do indoor activities during the days
- Dance Monkey Dance Free dance classes taught by Monkeys. Forum thread
- Book Monkeys People whose idea of a good idea is buried in a book
- Specialty Dining People who might might to try the specialty dining with others, or try to arrange an Indian dinner one night
- Snorkel Monkeys Snorkeling Monkeys Forum thread (also see spreadsheets in links below)
- Ukelele Melee Ukelele players Forum thread
- Gamer Monkeys People planning on bringing or playing games, and/or RPGs in the 24-hour game room.
- I Crunch Everything Fitness based group Forum thread
- Ahoy Homosexuals GLBTQOMGWTFBBQ folks Forum thread
- Sketch Monkeys Drawing and sketching Forum thread
- Origami Monkeys Contact Lar
- Surf Monkeys People who want to get together and embarrass themselves on the Flowrider. Forum thread
- Monocled Monkey Society People who will be dressing up even during non-formal events.
- The Two-Foot-Long Hair Brigade Ladies and gentlemen with hair that is at least two feet long.
If you are a coordinator of one of these groups, please feel free to put in more information, links to google docs etc.
If you want to form a sub-group, please do, there is no official process.
Sea Monkeys will be dining at 5:30pm (early seating) as a default From the forum "...this year, we'll all be attending the EARLY dinner seating instead of the late seating; and many (though not necessarily all) of the Main Stage performances will take place before dinner. This was done for two reasons: 1) The main stage had more time slots available to us with this schedule. 2) This way, evening events can start a little earlier while also allowing some breathing room between dinner and the evening events. Also, note that early dinner on RCI starts a bit later than it did last year."
Information regarding the various beverage packages.
Confirmed scotch and bourbon list.
Soda and alcohol are not included in your cruise fare.
There are two formal nights on the cruise for the main dining room.
Sea Monkeys have a sooper seekrit signal to tell you there's room for one more at their table. It is about the size of a credit card and is simply green on the outside. Look for it on the Lido deck and other casual seating areas.
Help!! I can't get my information to pull up on the RCI website so I can check in! Paul and Storm have noted that most of these problems seem be getting better. Your reservation is there, and you'll still have plenty of time to check in! But if you're still having issues checking in, please contact the Home Office
Is there going to be a schedule? I love schedules! Yes there will be, but no it's not out yet.
I'm scared about germs! Get your flu shot, TDaP (whooping cough/pertussis) booster and use good handwashing on the ship to lessen your risk of illness. Hepatitis A and B vaccines never hurt anyone. (Hep A is food-born, Hep B is sexually/blood transmitted and just a good vaccine in general to have!) The CDC also has said it's not unreasonable to get a Typhoid vaccine.
I want to buy stuff!! The official merch store is open, but the merch will only be distributed on ship, which means the store is tied to your JCCC3 booking number. If you haven't received your email about the merch store, check your spam, then email the Home Office.
JCCC3 Internet pricing
Unofficial Sea Monkey Manifest
Unofficial Cruise Countdown Clock
Unofficial Sea Monkey Passports
Unofficial JCCC3 SeaMonkey Migration Chart
Unofficial liquor list.
Unofficial game list.
Coco Cay Maps: RCI Map .jpg, RCI Map, .pdf, Bing satellite image of Barefoot Beach, same image, annotated by the Home Office. Barefoot Beach has been declared the Sea Monkey play area. Clamshells/blue shells and tiki huts are located on Barefoot Beach. The Cabana Club is located about a half-mile from Barefoot Beach.
Post JCCC2 cruise / JCCC3 promo videos: I Feel Fantastic, The Shadow Cruise, Zombie Attacks, The Same Boat, Quitting, Collaboration, I Crush Everything, Fancy Pants, Family Friendly NOT SO MUCH, Karaoke, The Missing Hour, Roderick Tour, Taco Detente 2012, Relationships
JCCC3 promo videos: Zamboni Punch
Cat Sail video
Unofficial Media Listing
Flickr photo group
Photo Gallery by Alice.
Royal Caribbean "Cruise Compass" scans from the cruise.
"The Sea Monkey" newsletter scans from the cruise.