Pontiac, MI: 2008-07-10
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 20:41, 17 July 2008 by Justinrussell (videos from manzeroblog, musicalimpurity (thanks!))
- City: Pontiac, MI
- Venue: The Crofoot
- Supporting act: Paul and Storm
- The Future Soon
- Shop Vac
- Still Alive - video
- Baby Got Back (w/ Paul and Storm)
- Code Monkey (w/ Paul and Storm) - video
- My Monkey (w/ Paul and Storm) - partial video
- Birdhouse in Your Soul (w/ Paul and Storm)
- Creepy Doll (w/ Paul and Storm)
- I Feel Fantastic (w/ Paul and Storm) - partial video
- Mr. Fancy Pants - video
- I Crush Everything
- Skullcrusher Mountain
- Mandelbrot Set
- Re Your Brains
- Doors opened at 8, but Paul and Storm didn't start until just past 9 p.m. The venue (the Pike Room at the Crofoot) was quite full, there were not enough chairs for everyone, and it was a hot night. Since most of those attending lived in neighboring cities such as Royal Oak or Ann Arbor, just about everyone had a long drive to get there, and the show did not end until midnight. But the consensus on the forums seems to be that the performance was tremendous.
- A panty and a sock monkey were thrown on stage. A running gag started during Paul and Storm's set when Jonathan hung his beer in the panty, hanging from his microphone, and called it a "beer thong." This gag was milked for all it was worth during several different bits of banter. Expect to see a heavy-metal band called "BeerThong" (with some extraneous umlauts) sometime soon.
- The sock monkey from this show appeared at the Cleveland, OH: 2008-07-11 show.