Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Release||Thing a Week One|
If you wrote an article about life we'd all reach enlihgetnemnt.
"Shop Vac" is played somewhat regularly at Jonathan Coulton concerts. Depending on the location of the concert, Jonathan will alternatively explain or bemoan the existence of suburbs. The solo is invariably omitted when the song is played live, but is otherwise an acoustic version of the recorded track.
- "Shop Vac" is classified as a funny/sad song on the Listening Suggestions page.
- The radio in the background near the end of the studio version appears to be saying the following (credit for this discovery to Blimix):
- "... the case of two men who have come up with an idea for ads reaching a captive audience. The ads can now be seen inside public bathroom stalls. 'It may seem silly,' says..."
- "A forty-nine-year-old, unidentified man went berserk last night, opening fire with a twelve-gauge shotgun in a crowded, downtown..." (Incidentally, this quote was also used in the Spin Doctors' What Time Is It?)
- Jonathan's comments in his blog about these lines: "The newscast is a segment about ads above urinals, and then another about a guy going nuts with a shotgun. It felt a little goofy to drop that in there, but it also gave me chills, so I kept it."
Downloadable FLAC versions of the above are available in the Jonathan Coulton FLAC Store.
"Thing a Week I" is available for purchase as a CD here.
(Your themes here)
|JoCo Looks Back|
|Best. Concert. Ever.|