St. Petersburg, FL: 2012-12-08
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Date: December 8, 2012
- Venue: State Theater
- Supporting act: John Roderick
- Lots of sad, poetically lyrical stuff by The Long Winters, utilizing minor and diminished chords, in all possible time signatures, at least one of which was about not moving to Portland.
- Artificial Heart (instrumental/sampled)
- Code Monkey
- Sticking It To Myself
- Big Bad World One
- Want You Gone
- Mandelbrot Set
- Christmas in Jail (with John Roderick)
- 2600 (with John Roderick)
- Nemeses (with John Roderick)
- Uncle John (with John Roderick)
- One Christmas at a Time (with John Roderick)
- Sucker Punch
- Shop Vac
- Je Suis Rick Springfield (featuring the first verse of "Jessie's Girl" before the bridge)
- Re: Your Brains
- Skullcrusher Mountain (sung by Scarface)
- Wikipedia Chanukah (with John Roderick)
- Mr. Fancy Pants (solo with the Zendrum, plus Adam Bernstein for the refrain)
- Still Alive
- I Feel Fantastic
- The three winners of the Happy Hour on the Tour Bus contest were: ePeterso2, Clint Eastwolf and BritanyK4Ever
- Level 4 Participant sightings: Pahonix and ePeterso2 (photo)
- The sound board copy of the set list
- While tuning his guitar, JoCo improvised a song about being on tour to the first three measures of "I Am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" ("I am the very model of a modern internet superstar ...") as well as performed the opening verse of "Code Monkey" in a German operatic style.
- It was reported that back in the day, Coulton asked for a Atari 2600 for Christmas and got one. Roderick asked for an Atari 2600 and got a Matel Intellivision.
- At one point, John Roderick asked the audience for a guitar pick and received a large, plastic googly eye, which he later autographed and returned to knobody.
- As this was the first night of Hanukkah, the song "Wikipedia Chanukah" was performed live for the first time.
- At the end of the show JoCo threw his guitar pick into the crowd. Unfortunately, it was his last guitar pick and couldn't play the encore. Fortunately, the fan who caught it loaned it back to him.